Saturday, July 2, 2011

icb Bible - a.k.a. "The Bling Bible" book review


I was fortunate to review a copy of the International Children's Version of the Holy Bible courtesy of BookSneeze.  This version of the Bible is girly-girl pink, sparkled and completely blinged out!  My 5 year old daughter was thrilled to see this adorable version of the Bible.  Written on a 3rd grade level the icb Bible is written easy enough for my 4 year old to understand.   We affectionately nicknamed it "the Bling Bible."

We are homeschoolers and use the King James Version for our schoolwork, but I am pleased to have this alternative version to help us understand some more complex Bible stories and it mitigated some of the mystery surrounding confusing scriptures.  I'll admit that it has helped me in several instances since biblical measurements has been translated to its closest modern day equivalent and rare biblical terms have been defined by a more modern wording.

Toward the back of the book is a short section on God's Promises to us when we follow His commandments including scripture references.  This section is easy to read and understand and defines basic character traits such as forgiveness, helping, happiness, obedience, prayer, wisdom and salvation.

There are 4 colorful maps included in the book that demonstrates Abraham's journey, Moses' wanderings through the desert, Jesus' last week in Jerusalem and what Palestine would've looked like in Jesus' time. 

Our favorite section was the Memory Verse section which gave suggestions on versus that will help you through your life.  Versus on friendship, love, anger and tough times name a few.

The only down sides to this beautiful copy of the Bible was, according to my 4 year old, "it smells like a stinky skunk" and the glitter comes off on your hands and ends up all over your face!  So far the bling has held up well though and that is a major plus!  I'd recommend this version of the scriptures for families with small children.


I review for BookSneeze®
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

2 comments:

  1. Fellow Crew mate and new follower! :)

    http://raisingleafs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your little bio. It always feels awkward to cyber compliment...but you guys sound like a sweet, beautiful little family. And I could totally use a family physician as a friend! ;)

    Found and followin' ya from the Crew...

    ...danielle

    Raising Little Rhodies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...