Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Homeschool Mothers Journal - Summer Edition link up

In my life this week…
This has been a busy, busy, week...I think I mentioned in an earlier posting some of the activities we had coming up!  Tonight, dinner with the missionaries, tomorrow - Kayley's birthday party!  We have Zoo school this week, My birthday, Kayley's birthday.  So, so so much stuff to do!
 
In our homeschool this week…
We have been on again, off again, in our summer school work.  I was so excited to purchase several of Amanda Bennett's Download N' Go units over the last few days!  She is having a BIG sale, a LOT of units for only 5 dollars!  So far I've picked up:  Horses, Dogs, Baseball, Africa, Oceans, Seashells, Christmas, Government, Winter, Autumn, Trains and ROBOTS!  If you are at all interested in lapbooking or unit studies check out her website here:  


My favorite thing this week was…
watching my little girls help me with laundry.  I was moving clothes from the washer to the dryer and like magnets there they are...eager to help.  I would pull the clothing out and hand it to Kayley, who would hand it to Maggie, who would put it in the dryer.  My throat grew thick with tears when I looked at my precious girls.  Sometimes they drive me crazy...but this morning they made my heart swell.  Such sweet girls!

Things I’m working on…
I need to get organized!  I spent 10 years in the military and used to be really organized.  Maintaining spreadsheets, updating things, deadlines - it all used to be no problem.  It's just been a while!  I'm out of practice and factoring in 2 little people - it all ends up being a little bit different.

I'm excited to be getting started with The Old Schoolhouse homeschool crew!  I attended my first ever "webinar" this week to receive some training and there are already 2 products in my lineup to review!  We'll be reviewing Before Five in a Row and Apologia: How to have a H.E.A.R.T. 

I’m reading…
2 of my favorite authors!  I have NO doubt that they will be as horribly romantic as all the others!  I really do love horribly romantic books, don't you?
I also just finished watching:

It was SOOOO good!  If you are a Little House fan you will enjoy this.  It starts at the end of "These Happy Golden Years" and takes through "On The Way Home."  (Except the actor who plays Almonzo is totally not cute... boo!)
I think that about sums it up for this week!  We are starting 'school' on Aug 1st!  I am really, really, really ready to get back into a routine...I'm already tired of summer!
  
Click the linky-doo to see what everyone else is up to this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...