Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Billy Graham in Quotes book review


This month I had an opportunity to review Billy Graham in Quotes.  This book is written by his son Franklin Graham with Donna Lee Toney.  Alphabetically compiled by topic, this quote book is filled with words of wisdom and advice from America's "Pastor to the Presidents."  Billy Graham has been preaching the word of God for over 70 years and this book is filled with generous excepts from years worth of sermons, interviews and books.  Topics include broad subjects including Christianity, the Bible, prayer, Holy spirit and life.  Choice, money, love, parenting... Pride, marriage and joy.    Several quotes in this book left me thinking, and more than a few generated an interesting conversation with my spouse.  My favorite quote, "Dissapointments are a part of life, we can't always have our own way, and we need to learn to separate what is significant from what is merely annoying..."  Wise advice.   An in-depth reference-style book for the Christian heart that will help you through troubled times.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...