Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Homeschool Mothers Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal  



In my life this week....
I am working on all the last minute preparations to start school on Monday.  Kayley is bored and she has been ready to begin the school year for a couple of weeks now.  Especially Math.  She is anxious to see what the Math-U-See manipulatives are all about.  Maggie even toddles over to her workbox chanting Schoo...schoo...schoo...  

I have been consistently plugging along this week in my Bible in 90 Days Challenge.  I am happy to report that I am not behind, I have been staying right on schedule.  Today is Day 20 and I am in 1 Samuel.  It was tough plowing through all those rules and I'll admit that more than once I wondered what kind of cruel and arbitrary God we worship.  I have shrugged off more than one story as a potential urban legend and several passages have generated interesting conversations with my spouse and friends.  Like, are the 10 commandments part of the Law of Moses?  If so, why do we follow them?  I thought the Law of Moses went away after we were provided a savior.  Not that the 10 commandments aren't good to follow...it's just interesting how we pick and choose which rules and laws to follow depending on culture and time.  

Kayley's birthday was this week.  I can't believe she is 5!  Where does the time go?  We missed Workbox Wednesday due to excessive celebrating.  LOL!  Kayley also had Zoo School this week.

In our homeschool this week…
Nadda.  Nothing.  Poof!  We are starting on Monday though.  

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We are finishing up our busy week on Saturday.  I am really glad to get some of this busy-ness out of the way.  I have Primary meeting today.  Tomorrow is our Chapel clean-up day, a baby shower, and a birthday party for one of Kayley's friends.  Oh!  I still have to finish our newsletter for primary, create our agenda and mail box goodies.



Things I'm working on...
Yes!  There is more!  In addition to writing for LDS Parenting, I have been given an opportunity to write for another website too!  I will be sharing more about that in a couple of weeks, but it is keeping me busy.  My writing juices have been rusty and I need some oil, but I'm getting there! 

I’m reading…

 I'm watching...

What else is up?
Coming Soon!  September will bring:
Swinging on Small Hinges
2nd Annual Fearlessly Feminine Challenge
Are you going to participate this year?
Get ready!  Only 6 weeks away! 
September 11 - 17



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're very busy!! Congrats on starting homeschool Monday. I am too and am very excited!

    Stopped by from the The HMJ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...