Monday, September 5, 2011

Fearlessly Feminine - Challenge Day 2


Here we are for Fearlessly Feminine Challenge Day 2.  
Kayley was excited to join me this morning too and Maggie didn't have a choice.  LOL.

One thing I really like about this challenge is that, it prompts me to want to look better over all.  Instead of slouching around in my PJs all day...or my "laser suit" (as Kayley calls it)...I find that I feel better to get up, get dressed, fix my hair and even put on a little makeup.  I read a great article at the recommendation of a friend called  The Case of Mom Frump.  In this article the author found herself wearing her typical "mom uniform" every day...in her case T-shirts & yoga pants.  If she does deviate from her normal mom uniform her kids wonder why she is going to church on a Tuesday...  To read the full article click HERE.

It reminds me of my husband reflections on the Fearlessly Feminine Challenge last  year when he said..."Ever hear the axiom, "dress for success?" Sure you have. When you're sloppy it's too easy to be lazy and do a bunch of nothing. When I come home and see the house a mess and my wife looking like she laid on the couch all day I might think, "hey I just worked a 10 hour day, so you could lie around and do nothing, how's that fair?" This does not bring feelings of unity, equality or endearment. My job is important; I want to look professional, trustworthy and important. I want to be taken seriously. When she dresses up it feels like she takes her job seriously, and it's easier to think her job is important too. When we're both dressed it feels like you're a team; you're both engaged in the day and doing something important. That builds unity and a feeling of equality, which is endearing. Dressing up makes it feels like today is an important day and it should be used to do important things." 

If you want, you can read his full blog posting HERE.

I really found his comments to be true.  When I dress like a slouch...I feel like a lazy slouch all day.  When I dress nice, it does feel like I take my job as a mom seriously and I think that taking care of my appearance in a way that is pleasing to Heavenly Father sets a good example for my kids.  Now, don't get me wrong...I know a lot of you will say, "Oh, my husband loves me just the way I am!"  Of course he does.  So does mine.  But, they do appreciate it when you take the time to look like the woman he dated. 

When I dress better, I just feel better...  Last year I continued wearing skirts and dresses until way into the winter.  At the point where I got miserably cold (we moved here from Phoenix) I started slowly putting the pants back into my wardrobe until...the skirts eventually got shoved into the back of my closet.  I'm excited to pull them all up to the front of my wardrobe again!  I hope at least a few of you are having fun with this challenge?  And that you feel pretty.  And good about yourself.  And happy.

Have a wonderful Labor Day!


I think I finally have the button up and working right so if you want to grab a button, it should be working now.  (My 3rd try, I hope so!)  It is on the upper left corner of my blog.

Thanks to everyone who is participating!  If you have time, leave a comment, or link up!




2 comments:

  1. You look very nice and the girls are really cute. I will have to take a picture of me with my 2 girls one day this week. I will have to warn them ahead of time though, they are 22 and 25 years old. Thanks for doing this challenge. I am going to read the full post you hubby did last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blog,I truly enjoy reading it! I haven't been doing the fearlessly feminine challenge but I have been wearing skirts more now than ever. After reading some blog about how it is a way that we can separate ourselves from men. I also totally agree that I get much more accomplished when I get dressed in the morning. I hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...