Sunday, July 8, 2012

By Faith, Not By Sight - book review





Ok, I admit it!  I am a big fan of American Idol and Season 8 was one of the most memorable seasons for me.  It was the first time I had ever seen a blind contestant compete in American Idol.  Scott MacIntyre didn't win - but in American Idol that doesn't really matter.  What Scott did do was show the world that even the blind can see when you walk by faith and not by sight.

Born blind, Scott knew that he would have to work longer and harder to achieve his goals.   He was homeschooled (yay!) and went on to graduate summa cum laude with a bachelor of music degree in piano performance from Arizona State University.  After suffering serious illness, major setbacks, Scott goes on to wow the world on American Idol.

His story is amazing.  Here is what this book did for me:  it made me grateful.  I am so thankful that I have not had to climb these mountains.  Watching his faith bloom despite insurmoutnable odds is inspiring.   A truly incredible story.   It is written as thought Scott is your friend and he is telling you his story.  If you love American Idol, if you are a fan of Scott MacIntyre, or if you want to be purley inspired then I recommend this book.

Disclaimer:  I received this book in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions expressed herein are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...