Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bringing Up Girls - book review

I had an opportunity to review the book Bringing Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson.  I am a fan of Dr. Dobson and I've read several of his other books but as a Mom of 2 little girls I was curious to read this book and see what I was getting myself into!  Based on the companion book Bringing Up Boys and written in a total "down to earth" approach, Dr. Dobson writes to help parents raise daughters who become strong and confident. 

When thinking about all the issues that girls have to face, eating disorders, peer pressure, immodesty, and tough decisions about boys...and as we realize that girls are facing these pressures at younger and younger ages, it becomes imperative that parents understand how to deal with these issues while still making their children feel loved and valued.

This book addresses everything from the science behind girl development to the psychology of girl emotions.  He discusses why Daddies are important and the "cinderella complex" facing most girls today.  Using true stories and situations and addressing all kinds of questions, Dr. Dobson helps and encourages the reader to become capable of handling all serious girl situations.   A helpful read that will keep as a handy reference for years to come.

Disclaimer:
I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions expressed herein are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...