On day 3 we went to Dickerson Park Zoo in Springfield. It was a fun time but it was cold!

They had a fun petting zoo and you could buy food to feed the animals.





Kayley riding the bronze tiger.


Elephants!

Papa got awfully tired and layed down on this bench to take a nap.

This thing was called a Bongo. It was not an animal that I had ever seen in a zoo before.


One thing I really liked about this zoo is it was built so that the animals couldn't slink off into a corner and hide where you couldn't see them. The lion was basking in the sun right in front of us!

Bronze Elephant.



Goofing off while waiting for the train.




That looks like a very cool zoo!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check out the video from the next blog when I get home tonight and comment then.