Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day One: Flying to see Gramma & Papa and so much more!

We are back! Did you miss us? Did you at least miss the blog updates?? Well, we are happy to be home but we had such a fun time. Kayley is exhausted, but she is a trooper! I have so many pictures to share that I will have to do it by Vacation day. I guess it is a good way to keep you checking back for more!

We left Phoenix on Saturday morning very early. Here is Kayley at the airport at 4:30 a.m. Whew! It was still dark outside, but doesn't she look excited?

Kayley was a big helper...she carried her own backpack full of fun things to do...

Here she is on the airplane playing with her Aqua-Doodle. A very cool toy that is mess-free. I highly recommend it to parents of toddlers.

Oh, at this point I have to admit, that I didn't do as well taking pictures as I usually do. Too much excitement and I was carrying too much stuff. Here is Kayley in the backseat. She pleaded with Gramma to sit in the back seat with her..which she did...the entire week. Gramma taught Kayley how to make a Fu-Man-Chu out of a lacing string...

One stop our first day was Meramec Caverns. I had never been there, but was always interested in going. It was Kayley's very first cave tour. Meramec is a huge cave and its main boast is that it was a hideout for Jesse James and his gang. We didn't find any outlaw treasure, but it was very pretty.We all took turns carrying Kayley - she thought it was a little scary when they started turning the lights off behind us.

Group self-portrait - I took this myself!~ Pretty good huh?

Underground river! It was very noisy, there was a waterfall inside. A very tiny one, but it was very loud.
We had to hang on to Kayley...there was a lake right there through those handrails.
We finished our night eating at one of my FAVORITE places...which we didn't have in Colorado OR Arizona. Steak n' Shake!! Let's just say it wasn't what I was hoping it would be. They changed their menu since I'd been there last, the food wasn't as good and they got rid of the Chocolate Chip Shake... I mean, Hello!? The chocolate chip shake? How could you???

Kayley fell asleep here... She was pooped.

When she woke up she cleaned up by eating all the rest of the shoe-string french fries....
And, making Papa eat the frenchfries...

Oh, and Gramma too.

Here she is zoinked out in the bed in our hotel. She's tough! She kept late nights, early mornings and several skipped naps... If you need ideas on how to keep a 2 year old from falling out of a big hotel bed, call me...I've got it all figured out.

Tune in tomorrow for the 2nd day of our Vacation!!

1 comment:

  1. Heck yes I missed the blog updates!!
    Looks like day # 1 was a lot of fun. I'm glad she's such an obedient, easy-going kid. Makes it so much easier to do trips like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...