Saturday, August 22, 2009

A horrible trip to the Zoo...

I should've known that things weren't going to go well when we started out our trip to the zoo with a flat tire on our stroller. Let me tell you....if you 've ever considered buying the jeep swivel-wheel jogger stroller...DON'T. It has been the worst stroller ever. I only keep it because I am too cheap to buy another...(Ok...secretly I'm hoping our next stroller will be a sit n' stand...fingers crossed....). Anyway. Daddy stopped to work on the wheel while I snapped a few pictures. It is supposed to be one of the coolest days today that we have had in a long time!

Then, we are so clever we thought we'd rent a surry bike...complete with the fringe on top. We have always wanted to do it and thought it looked like a lot of fun! The adults pedal and Kayley just hung out on the front and snapped some photos.
Ohhh...we were so naive. WHAT WERE WE THINKING??!?!?!?!
Suddenly, the coolest day this summer turned into a 115 degree hell. People would walk out in front of us...like these crazy kids with their snow cones...and we'd be on an uphill and it would be impossible to get going again... Plus...we are a lot more out of shape than we thought. We were both pretty sure we were going to die before we made it back to the bicycle cabana...Again...what were we THINKING?!?!?!

This is me, after we pulled over at the top of the hill. I was pretty sure I was either going to throw-up or faint...or a combination of both. James so thoughtfully stumbled over to the snack bar to buy us some water. ( I had no idea that he was fighting tunnel-vision too) while I slid off the stupid surry-bike and put my head between my knees. Kayley, bless her heart...just kept taking pictures...oblivious to the fact that Mommy and Daddy were both about to keel over from heat stroke. We waited here for about 5 minutes and then pedaled back to the cabana. We rented the bike for an hour...and at the time had thought...OH! I hope that is enough time!!! Duh...we returned it after 25 minutes....
We are lunatics. We will NEVER do that again. Who knew the stupid zoo was so darn hilly!? No way...no how. The first 10 minutes were pretty fun, but the last 20 trying to get back to the Cabana was like torture.
Here is James with his water. Doesn't he look totally hot and sweaty? Oh and we were both just so sick to our stomachs. We had to sit at the bike cabana for another 10 minutes before our shaky legs (and queasy stomachs) would allow us to go take Kayley on the Carousel and Splash Pad.
Me still sitting in the dirt. I don't look like I'm about to pass out!
I'm a good actress. =)
We did recover...(after sitting with Kayley at the Splash Pad for 30 minutes and letting our water soak in). So, we took Kayley on the Carousel before leaving. She was a lucky girl...I had 2 coupons for free rides and we just used them both up. She went one time with Mommy and one time with Daddy.



1 comment:

  1. LOL! The bike thing sounds like something we would do!! All in all you got some good pics and having a day at the zoo you will always remember!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...