Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's OFFICIAL!!!

After 1 year, 7 months, and 8 Days (Yes, a LOT longer than normal) we finally, officially, completely made Maggie ours!  Yes!  Our adoption is finalized!  Hooray!!


 Seems like such a short time ago that we were blessed to take Maggie home from hospital.  It never ceases to amaze me that such a wonderful woman made this possible.  We love Maggie's birthmother, Melissa, for trusting us with such a precious gift...  Her selfless sacrifice proves that miracles do happen.  As Spencer W. Kimball said, "God does watch over us and does notice us, but it usually through someone else that he meets our needs."  God uses ordinary people to do extra-ordinary things...  Our hearts are full!


Maggie n' Me (Jan 2010)
  Maggie n' Me (Aug 2011)



9 comments:

  1. I want to take the fearlessly femine challenge with you, but don't want to wear a dress when I do housework. But I just read an article on Meridian that has me ready to take the challenge with the ok to wear pants to clean house in. Here's the part I liked, "Men love being with a lady. They’re surrounded by men all day, or some women who are trying to be like men, so give him the gift of having a wife who is a true lady. He’ll love it. And yes, ladies can do all kinds of tough tasks and still be a lady. Does that mean she has to wear a skirt all the time. Of course not. That’s not even practical. It means she acts in gentleness, but can work like a trooper. She is strong, and yet is respectful and gentle in her strength. She doesn’t curse or act vulgar. She speaks in loving ways. She embraces her femininity. That’s being a lady. Remember, it’s an attitude."
    You can read the full article at http://ldsmag.com/component/zine/article/8174?ac=1&limitstart=3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! Congratulations! From one adoptive mom to another....the wait for our children and then finalizing is the longest pregnancies ever!!! Maggie is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She is adorable. Very happy for you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FINALLY!! Congratulations! I am so happy to know its finally final. So, when is the temple date?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! Oh, I am so happy for you guys. I can't even imagine how brutal this wait has been. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! What a special day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! As an adopted child myself, it makes me so happy every time I see a family giving a child a chance at life and a family like I was given! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sorry I am just now on the computer after a few days and I am SO SO happy for you guys! Keep us posted on the sealing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...