Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Homeschool Mothers Journal


In my life this week...
It looks like we will finally, finally, finalize Maggie's adoption.  There has been so much crazy hoop jumping!  Such a long process!  Argh!  

In our homeschool this week…
We had a great 1st week of school last week!  I think that taking the whole month of July off was a good break, but both girls were SO bored by the end of it that all they did was pick on each other all the time.  Kayley was excited to start back and it was nice to get back into a routine.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I found a new activity for my pre-preschooler.  Playing with rice...  A little messy but she played with it for about 20 minutes!  That's a long time for my toddler!  

I am inspired by…
All of the other homeschooling Mom's I have been meeting on the TOS Crew, LDS Parenting, and Latter-day Homeschooling!  Everybody is so amazing!

What’s working/not working for us…  Math-U-See.  There, I said it.  MUS is one of the most popular math programs out there.  I can tell that it is a great program...but it isn't working for us as well as we would like.  I think that we find the manipulatives more distracting than helpful at the moment.  I am taking some advice from other homeschool Mom's and just "playing" with the blocks for a few days to get the newness out of them before moving on.  We did that for a couple of days last week...and we will be moving on with it this week.  Fingers Crossed!  Otherwise, I'll be back out shopping for another Math program...

Things I'm working on... 
Getting set up for our 2nd annual Fearlessly Feminine Challenge!  I am moving Homeschool Mothers Journal to another day (I haven't decided which yet) to create Fearlessly Feminine Friday leading up to our 1 week challenge starting September 11th.  Watch for it!!
I am also gathering together some curriculum to sell, books to sell and some clothing to sell.  Need to make some extra $ so I can buy some more curriculum, books, and clothes.  LOL! 
 
I’m reading…
Both books are about Nature Deficit Disorder, a term coined by Dr. Richard Louv who strongly believes that children need to play outside in order to be healthy and happy kids.  (I believe it!) 


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Kayley drew this picture for me.  The way she described it.  

Kayley:  (On the right) "That one is Daddy!:  (On the left) "That one is me!"  (In the middle) "That's You" 

Me:  "Where is Maggie?  And why am I unhappy??"

Kayley:  "Oh, Mag is at a babysitter...and you are just so happy you are crying..."

Say What?!  LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...