Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Swept Away by Mary Connealy

 
I am a big Mary Connealy fan and I have read nearly all of her books.  This new series, Trouble in Texas debuts with Book 1:  Swept Away!

Ruthy MacNeil is travelling by wagon train with an adoptive family that treats her like a servant.  While Ruthy would love to escape this horrid family she has no where to go until the unthinkable happens.  While crossing a swollen river Ruthy, and her entire family, is swept away.  Awaking confused and in pain, Ruthy is rescued by handsome Luke Stone.  Luke is bent on revenge.  On a mission to reclaim the property that has been stolen from his family he doesn't have time to take Ruthie back up river to find her family.  Her only hope is to let Luke drop her off at the next town and she can make her way from there.  Finding herself thrown into Lukes plans, Ruthy begins to tug at Lukes heart and he begins to realize that revenge may not be the most important thing in his life anymore.
 
I enjoyed Swept Away but I have to tell you:  In this story, Ruthie and Luke were not my biggest concern after we meet two other characters: Dare and Glynna.  I was a lot more concerned about what would happen to them than I was with Ruthie and Luke.  Hey, guess what?  Of course Mary Connealy leaves you hanging at the end!  LOL.  If you want to know what happens to Dare and Glynna, you will have to hold out (impatiently like me!) for Book 2.
 
Disclaimer:  I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions expressed herein are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...