Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thrift Store Jackpot(s)

Ok, so many of you know that I am a thrift store junkie. I love, love, love to shop at my thrift stores and find incredible treasures. Pickings at the thrift stores have been slim lately, I don't know if it is indicative of the economy or what... anyway...
There we were...(dramatic pause)...walking down an aisle...when I spied...ELMO LIVE! Are you kidding me right now? Kayley really wanted Elmo Live... I really wanted to get her Elmo Live at Christmas but they retailed for 65-75 bucks! On the shelf today they are still 60-65 bucks! So, I figured we would just keep waiting until the price went down a little more...
I'd say the price went down a little more...look how much I paid for this Elmo Live!
For cool videos of Elmo Live, just stay tuned...they are at the bottom of this posting.
Ok...so that's not all. We found this awesome Fisher Price dollhouse...(which as you can tell from the photo is much bigger and way cooler than the smaller dollhouse I picked up for her. Know how much I paid for this? 9.99! After a good cleaning with some Clorox wipes it is almost good as new!
And...can you belive it? That is not all!!! I found this huge back full of wooden train track pieces and a small train. I know it is hard to believe but even the generic wood tracks (i.e. the non-Thomas the Tank Engine type) are very expensive. I was willing to bet this was over 100 dollars worth of train tracks. Guess how much I paid???? 6.99!
(btw - like the Ariel panties.... YES, we are officially potty trained)
We celebrated our finds by having lunch at Mi Amigo's. Here is Kayley enjoying a yummy cheese crisp. The cheese was very stringy. Yuuummmyy!






2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I want one of those Elmo's now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE GOOD! Gracie loves Elmo, maybe I'll have to keep my eyes open a little bit more, cuz I can't justify 70 bucks for one :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...