Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

#Amazed By Grace {Deseret Book Review}


What is grace? What difference can grace make in our lives? How does the Savior make His power available to us? And what must we do to gain access to that power?
In Amazed by Grace, Sheri Dew discusses each of those important questions, exploring a topic that she describes as being central to the Atonement of Jesus Christ. "The most compelling, most life-changing message of all time," she writes, "is that Jesus Christ has already triumphed over sin, death, hell, temptation, and every kind of misery."

I have always loved Sheri Dew.  When I joined the church she was a counselor in the General Relief Society Presidency.  She is just so "real" that I felt like she was one person that I could really relate to.  She has never married and I appreciate her optimism and enthusiasm for life even through the trial of being single (when church expectations are otherwise).  I wish that I had been able to face the future with such bravery and faith when we were going through the trial of being childless (also something the church expects otherwise).

I have read (I think) every book Sheri Dew has published.  She is an insightful woman.  This book, Amazed by Grace, was another winner.  She discusses Grace, what it is, and the idea of it being "after we have done everything we can do."  I was blown away by the end of the first chapter when I realized that I had been defining "grace" wrong and I actually had no idea what it was or what it was all about.  It was an easy read.  Sister Dew has a special knack for making complex topics understandable for those that read them.  Sister Dew's unique style of writing is very conversational.  I would sure love to meet her in person one day!

This book is small, perfect for gifting.  (Mothers day is right around the corner!). You can purchase it as a Bookshelf eBook or as a hardcover.

Disclaimer:  I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions here are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...