I love Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. Ok, I admit, I love all the apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. :) It seems to me that whenever an apostle opens his mouth you can just feel the love and concern for us pouring out. This new book by Elder Holland is a compilation of past talks with beautifully designed quotations pages on a rich background of color. It's true that I have heard many of these talks before but they are still wonderful to have in a nice hardbound volume. His words of comfort and messages of counsel are timeless.
I enjoyed reading through these messages. Some I was hearing for the 2nd time but some I was hearing for the 1st time. (I'm a convert!) As, I was reading, I was sure wishing I had the ability to frame the beautiful artwork and hang it in my house! This book would make a lovely gift for a dear friend or family member (think, Mothers/Fathers day is right around the corner!)
To My Friends retails at DeseretBook.com as both a Booshelf eBook and a very lovely hardcover.
Disclaimer: I received To My Friends free of charge in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Deseret Book for the opportunity!



No comments:
Post a Comment