Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

To My Friends {Deseret Book Review}

"If you need a burden lifted, I want you to imagine I am in a personal, private, closed-door chat with you. I want to help you if I can." With those words, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland invites every reader of his latest book to become a friend, to receive instruction and encouragement, counsel and comfort.

I love Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.  Ok, I admit, I love all the apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  :)  It seems to me that whenever an apostle opens his mouth you can just feel the love and concern for us pouring out.  This new book by Elder Holland is a compilation of past talks with beautifully designed quotations pages on a rich background of color.  It's true that I have heard many of these talks before but they are still wonderful to have in a nice hardbound volume.  His words of comfort and messages of counsel are timeless. 


In this book, Elder Holland addresses these powerful messages "to my friends who love the Lord," "to my friends who want to change," "to my friends who face opposition," and more. Throughout, Elder Holland's powerful witness of the Savior shines through, for, as he writes, "I am grateful for the greatest friend any of us could ever have, in time or eternity, the Lord Jesus Christ."
I enjoyed reading through these messages.  Some I was hearing for the 2nd time but some I was hearing for the 1st time.  (I'm a convert!)  As, I was reading, I was sure wishing I had the ability to frame the beautiful artwork and hang it in my house!  This book would make a lovely gift for a dear friend or family member (think, Mothers/Fathers day is right around the corner!)

To My Friends retails at DeseretBook.com as both a Booshelf eBook and a very lovely hardcover.

Disclaimer:  I received To My Friends free of charge in exchange for an honest review.  Thank you Deseret Book for the opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...