Thursday, February 16, 2017

The Plague and Joan of Arc {BiblioPlan Week 14}

We are trying to pick up the pace a little this week and are finishing up BiblioPlan Week 14.  It was a full week since our reading squished in both The Plague and Joan of Arc!  We didn't do many projects since we are kind of getting "summery" and the girls are just staring longingly outside while we are getting our work done.  We did do the plague wheel in Story of the World and we threw together, with tape obviously, a plague doctor mask!  Yeah...we probably should've used glue, but, we were in a hurry.  LOL.


We have read from BiblioPlan's Remember the Days and Story of the World this week.  Remember the Days has been a tougher transition that I would've liked but we are finally getting the hang of it.  Our favorite is Story of the World, but I am really debating on dropping it next year in favor of just 1 spine.




Our read aloud choice for this week is The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli.  This is a favorite!  We actually read this as a read-aloud a few years ago and it was awesome enough that we decided to read it again!

Our 2nd read aloud is Diane Stanley's Joan of Arc.  Lots of pictures and goes into much more detail about Joan.  It's a great one! 

Kayley's reader for the next 2 weeks is Whittington.  
It tells the story of Dick Whittington from the perspective of a cat!

Maggie is enjoying a Magic Tree House book called The Knight at Dawn.

As for me...I am trying my best to get through Persuasion by Jane Austen.  Thanks so much to an online book group that I joined (I need accountability!) I am getting way out of my comfort zone!  I confess this is my first time reading Jane Austen...and my first, in a really long time...reading a  classic that wasn't designed for small children.  I admit that I have often had to read the Spark Note, read the chapter, and reread the Spark Note to figure out what is going on.  I'm slowly getting the hang of it and I can feel the squeak of my rusty gears.  I am close to the end and I look forward to reading something a little lighter next month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...