Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

A Heart Revealed {Shadow Mountain Book Review}


Amber Marie Sterlington, the Rage of the Season in Regency-era London, has her pick of men, and she knows what she wants most in a husband: a title and a fortune. Why would she ever marry for something as fickle as love? And why would she ever look twice at Thomas Richards, a third son of a country lord?  But when Amber's social standing is threatened, the character of her future husband becomes far more important than his position. After a public humiliation, she find herself exiled to Yorkshire. alone except for her maid, Amber is faced with a future she never expected in a circumstance far below what she has known all her life. Humbled and lonely, Amber begins to wonder if isolation is for the best. Who could ever love her now?
Ok, I shout for joy every time a new book comes out in this favored Proper Romance series!  I have LOVED every single one I've read and I'm always ecstatic when I get to review another one.  This book, written by popular author Josi S. Kilpatrick is called A Heart Revealed and it features Amber Sterlington, belle of the season.  Amber is beautiful and could have her pick of men and she is out to get just the right husband.  She wants one with a title and a fortune.  Love?  Nonsense.  But, as we read in the teaser her "social standing is threatened" when something dreadful begins to happen to her.  I am NOT going to tell you what it is because it would really spoil the book for you.  She is forced into exile and realizes that love was NOT nonsense and she should've grabbed for it while she had the chance.  Doomed to a life of exile she is surprised by the attention of Thomas Richards and wonders if maybe, just maybe, she might not be forced to live a life of loneliness after all.

It is good.   It is really good.  Every Proper Romance I read just gets better and better.  This "dreadful thing" is unlike anything I've ever, ever, ever read in a historical romance before.  You know another thing I like about this book?  It's tasteful.  Proper Romances always are.

So, I think you will enjoy A Heart Revealed!

Disclaimer:  I received an advanced reader copy of this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions expressed here are my own.  Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...