Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Yosemite National Park

On our way back from California we spent an extra day to visit Yosemite National Park!  We stayed at Yosemite Lodge at the Falls which, far from fancy, was still pretty neat and a lot of fun!  They had rustic bunk beds that the girls were pretty excited to sleep on, the room was a decent size (freezing cold, it didn't have a temp control unit that we could find at all!  We heated our room with those totally dangerous space heaters.  Between the space heater and the extension cords plugged into ancient power sockets I'm surprised the place hasn't burned to the ground…but I digress).



The Lodge was right under the falls…which were not really falling much because it was dry last year and freezing while we were there.

The Lodge had a food court where they offered "hot items" as well as "grill items."  I had fun explaining to my girls how it was pretty much just like the "chow hall" when I was in the military.  The food was good and the guys at the grill were great with the kids…  He made both girls a bear pancake.

While there, we had to get stamps in our Passport to National parks books.  I finally took the plunge and decided that since mine was so gross (on left) that I'd buy a new one…  so I did!  


We explored the museum learning a little about the early people of Yosemite Valley...


Eventually Maggie got tired and opted for the piggy back ride.  James and I shared plenty of opportunities carrying Maggie up the hill.  I'm pretty good at multi-tasking…I'm trying to snap a picture of Kayley with my phone without dropping Maggie flat on the sidewalk...


 Silly girls.

At Yosemite you can also visit a grove of ancient Sequoia trees.  This was really exciting because we just finished learning about them in science a couple weeks ago!

A toppled sequoia…  






Yosemite was really a lot of fun and I'm so glad we spent the extra day to just see the sights before driving home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...