Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Seed Starting by Gary Emmett {Mosaic Review}


I know nothing about gardening.  I'm not kidding.  I have a "black thumb."  Along those lines though, I've really been feeling like I need to learn how to do grow my own goodies, if only for my peace of mind in knowing that I can be self-reliant if I needed to.  So, when it comes to figuring out how to get started I felt like I would need a book to tell me what book to read in order to even think about getting started.  I don't think they even make books like that?...but I do know that author Gary Emmett has written a perfect book for beginning (scared) gardeners like me! 
 
In the book Seed Starting, Gary Emmett walks you through everything from planning (which includes starting a garden journal -brilliant!), buying seeds (with hyperlinks to reputable places to purchase good quality seeds), storing seeds, when to start your seeds, what type of soil is best, equipment for starting seeds, simple container gardening, light sources, watering, labeling and a lot more.  This book is written in a comfortable, conversational tone leaving even the most hesitant gardener to feel empowered! 
 
Seed Starting retails on Amazon right now as a Kindle Book for $2.99.

 If you are interested in reading additional reviews click the Mosaic button to get a medley of perspectives!
 
 

Disclaimer:  I received Seed Starting free of charge in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions expressed here are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...