Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Teach Me to Walk in the Light CD {Deseret Book Review}


The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square bring your favorite Primary songs to life in this unprecedented collection of all-new arrangements and recordings. Complete with sacred childhood hymns like “Teach Me to Walk in the Light," "Give, Said the Little Stream," "If the Savior Stood Beside Me,” and “When He Comes Again,” these new renditions provide the perfect dose of nostalgia and fondness for listeners of any age.
Finding good Sunday music, or even daily background music, is hard.  I love it when Deseret Book sends me a new CD to review because I always love them!  Now, I'm going to admit that I am not much a fan of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  Not that I don't like them...just not enough that I would put an MTC CD in my car and "jam" on my way to church, but -- I believe I will with this CD.  Why?  Because it is all kids hymns!  Teach Me to Walk in The Light is a compilation of Children's Favorites.

Tracks include:
  • I Think the World Is Glorious
  • "Give," Said the Little Stream
  • If the Savior Stood Beside Me
  • I Think When I Read That Sweet Story
  • Teach Me to Walk in the Light
  • I Will Follow God's Plan
  • Mother, Tell Me the Story
  • Called to Serve
  • Love One Another
  • Tell Me the Stories of Jesus
  • I Know That My Savior Loves Me
  • Faith
  • Holding Hands Around the World
  • When He Comes Again
  • I Am a Child of God
My kids recognized much of this music right away...I think this will be great music to play softly at quiet time or nap time, not to mention it is just great music in the background especially to help the kids keep a tone of reverence on Sunday.

Teach Me to Walk in the Light is currently on sale at DeseretBook.com for $16.18
(Check prices because this is subject to change and based on availability.)

You can also listen to samples and download the music as mp3s.
Enjoy this sample:

Disclaimer:  I received this CD free of charge from Deseret Book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.  Thank you so much Deseret Book!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...