Monday, February 25, 2013

Homeschool Creations Blog Planner {Mosaics Review}


I'll be the first to admit that when it comes to blogging I wax and wane.  I will get a sudden spurt of creativity or stamina and I will overwhelm my blog with multiple postings at one time...and then I go through a dry spell where weeks will pass with no posts at all.  I have thought many times that I need to find a way to get organized and spread out my posts, maybe start a meme or join an existing one, or choose weekly/monthly topics to focus on...  Unfortunately, over the last 2 years that I've been blogging as a product reviewer it just hasn't happened...and as the months go by I find myself getting busier and busier until I'm completely overwhelmed by my review stuff!  Aaah!  What to do?

Well, imagine my excitement (and honestly it was kind of a "why didn't I think of this before?" moment) when my first review as a Mosaics Review Team member was a blog planner!

This FREE blog planner created by Jolanthe of Homeschool Creations just fit the bill for what I needed.


The planner is set up to print front to back.   You can assemble it using a 3 ring binder but I chose to print mine and take it into Staples to have it spiral-bound.  (I'm a fan of anything that comes on a spiral!)

The cover page itself is adorable!  I wish I had used a thicker paper to print the cover...from the picture above you can see where the ink on the back side can be seen right through the cover.  Next time I will use a heavy card stock for the cover.

The planner has a ton of great features!
*Year at a glance in the front for 2012 and 2013
*Blank calendar pages allow you to start at any month of the year with a checklist at the bottom for a "Focus of the Month."  (I like check lists!)
*Review/Giveaway info pages (LOVE!)
*Weekly breakdown complete with social media reminder checklists


Additional Planning Pages at the back have:
*A page for tracking monthly analytics for your blog
*Lists of favorite websites with username/password reminders
*Affiliate Program info sheet
*Twitter Hashtag Tracker
*Link Ups page
*Housekeeping/Financial tracker
*HUGE "Idea's in my Head" lists!

So, I'm pleased to say that I have already used this planner a lot more than I thought I would.  I can also admit that I didn't know how badly I needed this until I got started with it!  There are a few features that I appreciate more than others for sure.  I LOVE having all my affiliate info together in a consolidated place.  I must say that while I am not much into promoting my blog via social media, I guess growing my blog hasn't been a priority, but I do appreciate having the option to keep track of what I've already done and what I haven't.  The Review/Giveaway info is a helpful tool and eliminates the 40+ sticky notes that I have all over my computer desk!  I will definitely continue to use it!

If you are interested in downloading your own blog planner, or to see how Jolanthe set hers up, you can check it out at Homeschool Creations.  I love mine and I think you will too!  Best of all, it's completely FREE!

Disclaimer:  I received this blog planner free of charge and was thrilled to share an honest review with you!  To learn more about Mosaic Reviews and see what other bloggers thought about the planners they reviewed visit http://mosaicreviews.com/!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...