Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School

Kayley went back to PreK today. I had no idea that it would mean so much to her. We pulled up out front and she shouted, "the car line! we are here!!!" And then she asked to climb up front where she immediately put down the window and started waving to the kids in front and behind in their cars. When it was our turn to unload, Kayley squealed to see Ms. Carey and was jumping up and down and hugging on Mrs. Jackson. She really, truly, missed her teachers and her school. She had a great day. And, sorry, I forgot to take a picture.

I'm a little dissapointed that I couldn't convince Kayley that homeschooling was fun. I guess I am just not nearly as fun as art projects, storytimes and the playground. I tried though. And I am still torturing her with homeschooling, even though she went to preK today. Truly, she enjoys the homeschooling as well. But, she was so happy to be back to Kids Korner today.
I felt sorry for myself for a while, then went shopping and felt much better. I am grateful for our homeschooling summer and we will just take it one day/one year at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...