Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Brother

Today is a special day. (Yes, it is inauguration day, but that is not what I am posting about).
It is my little brother's birthday. I have long since lost track of how old he is, but I do know that today IS his birthday.


I was 6 when my brother was born. I have to admit that I didn't like him right away...it took a while for him to grow on me. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that I had been an only child for quite a while...

I used to get in trouble for pushing his walker around the apartment at break-neck speed. Honestly, he used giggle like crazy. You could go really fast on the linoleum in the laundry room! I also used to get in trouble for stopping his walker with my foot and hindering his progress when he was trying to go someplace. You know, I used to get in trouble for a lot of things, but mostly for picking on my poor little brother.

But, even though I picked on him mercilessly, I did learn to like him...I even learned to love him. I loved him so much that I wore my best tutu to his 2nd birthday party. I'm not sure he appreciated it though.

Either way, he is still MY little brother. And I love him. Happy Birthday Steven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...