Thursday, October 1, 2015

September...


Where oh where have we been?  3 weeks ago we bought a new (to us) mini van.  We are pretty excited since our old van was pushing 200,000 miles!  Our celebration was short however when we received word that my last remaining grandpa had passed away.  Things quickly changed as my family arrived for his funeral (which always turn into glorious family reunions don't they?)  Things were a bit harder this time.  It was hard to go through his things and find things of Grandma's too tucked here and there.  He will be missed greatly.


 Mixed blessings...
while Grandma and Papa were here we enjoyed
some random, fun moments like:

Camper shopping...

Eating 100 shrimp...

Catching an exhausted hummingbird who was trapped in the garage.  He sat in my hand for a good 15 minutes, waited patiently while I picked nasty cobwebs off of him and dozed until he had the strength to fly away... 
We worked and worked and worked in my Grandpa's yard so the kids could come out...then in my yard pushing back our tree line...  I got covered in bites but thankfully no poison ivy or sumac rashes!  Oh thank you thank you dad for running that burly chainsaw!

After Grandma and Papa went home we spend a day with my bestie learning how to can apples!  Very much appreciated and what fun! 

The girls peeled apples...
 

 

  

Kayla washed dishes...
 

 We ended up with applesauce, apple pie filling, apple jam and apple butter!  YUM!

I reciprocated by spending a day canning with Christina although I'm sure I was not much help!  I pretty much peeled apples and kept her company.  

Looking forward to a short settling down over the next couple of weeks before things REALLY ramp up again and we make a day trip to St. Louis for Maggie's doctor visit, then a short trip to Texas to pick up Grandma and meet my new nephew, we enjoy Grandma's visit for a couple of weeks, then go to DisneyWorld, then back in time for Christmas!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How incredibly cool to hold a hummingbird!

    The canned apples are pretty awesome too. 😃

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...