As we seek for spiritual knowledge and growth we are searching for principles to guide us alone our way. Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles calls these principles "concentrated truth, packaged for application to a wide variety of circumstances. A true principle makes decisions clear even under the most confusing and challenging circumstances." Elder Scott has put forth tremendous effort to gather all of the principles he has learned and provide them for our personal study... He continues, "Principles are anchors of safety...They will help you have confidence in new and unfamiliar circumstances. They will provide you protection in life's storms of adversity." We can reach worthy goals and objectives when we stick closely to correct principles and this book can provide a starting point in your personal scripture study! There are, obviously, 21 Principles of study each with scriptural truth, historical background, personal stories, and how to follow this principle in todays world. One of the best parts? Each chapter ends with a real awesome "you can do this" pep talk! Not to be missed: The Conclusion. It is Elder Scott's testimony - don't skip this part! It is humbling and motivating.
“As you seek spiritual knowledge, search for principles,” counsels Elder Richard G. Scott. “Principles are concentrated truth, packaged for application to a wide variety of circumstances.”In this exciting book, Elder Scott offers 21 principles distilled from his life experiences. These “concentrated truths” will help you understand more fully how to be guided by the Spirit. Elder Scott's brief explanations open the way for your own discovery and exploration.“I bear witness that Jesus Christ knows you personally,” Elder Scott writes. “He will provide answers to every difficult problem in your life as you trust Him and do all you can to understand and apply His doctrine and strive to live by the Spirit.” 21 Principles will be a valuable tool in that quest.
I enjoyed Elder Scott's book immensely and I think you will too! Read it as a novel...or read it as a topical scripture study. This book is a valuable source of spiritual learning. 21 Principles currently retails as a hardback at Deseret Book for $15.29 and as a Bookshelf eBook for $9.99. You can also get the combo for $20.28.
Don't forget you can download the Bookshelf App completely free (and get several free eBooks to get you started!)
I had the thought that this might make an excellent Father's Day Gift! Just saying... ;)
Now! Thanks to Deseret Book, I get an opportunity to giveaway a 2nd copy to a lucky reader! To enter, leave a comment below. Don't forget to leave me your email address so I can contact you if you win! Good luck! Entries close at midnight, May 31st. I will draw the winners name using random.org.


I would love to win this. Email is kdouanglee@ail.com. thank you for this offer. God bless
ReplyDeleteI would like a chance to win this book! Thank you and Deseret Books for this opportunity :D I'm Kim and my email address is kkwfla59@gmail.com
ReplyDeletethis book would be so good for my friend she just told me if i find any free Christian book get them for
ReplyDeletemyflower[at]gmail[dot]com
would love to read this. Thank you.
ReplyDeletersgrandinetti@yahoo(DOT)com
Thank you for the opportunity to win this book. I am sure it is amazing.
ReplyDeletedaphnesbook@gmail.com
Sounds like a great book! Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeletethis sounds like a great book and I would love to read it-thanks for the chance
ReplyDeleteJennifer
ejxd95@gmail.com
Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeletelavery328 at yahoo dot com
Thank you for the chance to win such a great book. mummyshope@aim.com
ReplyDeleteThank you for the giveaway! This book sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteLove Richard G. Scott! :)
jenakaye at gmail dot com
I would love, love, love to win this. I have seen it and have wanted to read it.
ReplyDeletecreativesouthernhome at gmail dot com
I think my husband would like this!
ReplyDeletevery interesting sounding book- would love to read it- thanks for the chance !
ReplyDeleteKathryn C
kacor7@hotmail.com
Thanks for the opportunity. I would love to win this book etotschinger at yahoo dot com
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a lovely book! I love books that inspire me! makeighleekyleigh at yahoo dot com
ReplyDeleteThank you so very much for offering this to your readers. We would love to add this to our library.
ReplyDeletegeorgiabeckman@hotmail.com
This book sounds fascinating.
ReplyDeleteNancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com
Thanks for the great giveaway!
ReplyDeletemslilyk@hotmail.com
I would love to win. My email is in my profile :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good read. Thank you for the opportunity to win. jerandjana(at)gmail(dot)com
ReplyDeleteI would love to win this book. Thank you for the opportunity kemeresl@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI always enjoyed this kind of books they seem to give me some peace of mind, making me more patient and inspiring me to think positive. Your review made me think that this might actually be a good book; I will definitely give it a try. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeletePlease visit My Webblog