Wow. You've heard the story of Jonah and the Whale. You know the one. The story goes: Jonah gets swallowed by a whale after he tries to run away from God. You see, he didn't want to go spread the gospel in Nineveh. After 3 days in the belly of the whale he is spewed out on the beach where he changes his mind & heart and heads to Nineveh! Well...this is a Jonah story unlike any you have ever heard!
How funny is this? It had me laughing out loud!
The story of Jonah, as told by the whale, in the book, Hey God, I've Got Some Guy Named Jonah in my Stomach and I Think I'm Going to Throw Up by Troy Schmidt. Recommended for ages 4 to 8, this hilarious story tells the traditional biblical account from a very interesting and creative perspective. Illustrated by Cory Jones the pictures are outrageously cute! This is a short and colorful book that teaches a lesson in the importance of Biblical obedience.
Bonus features include a Parent Connection section that recommends two memory verses, further reading, thinking questions and a "Do" section that really gets the child into the story. Perfect companion to the Bible story, bedtime or school time!
We loved this book and can't wait to read the others in the series: Hey God, I'm Having an Awful Vacation in Egypt Thanks to Moses! and Hey God, Can You Stop the Rain so I Can Get Off of Noah's Smelly Ark? No really, those are the titles. LOL!
Learn more about this series by visiting:
Twitter: @troyeschmidt
Would you like to win a copy? I have a chance to share one copy with a Swinging On Small Hinges Reader! Drawing ends May 7th at midnight. Good luck and thanks for stopping by!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: “Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention iton my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordancewith the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

I think my favorite Bible story is the Prodigal Son.. so much love!
ReplyDeleteadam and eve
ReplyDeleteWe like the Parable of the Lost Sheep.
ReplyDeletehschonrock at yahoo dot com
Mine is the story of Noah!
ReplyDeleteI think my boys would love this book. I think their favorite is a tie between Daniel and David.
ReplyDeleteI too really liked the story of Moses, it always seemed -to me, one of the most amazing stories in the bible.
ReplyDeleteRuth and Boaz, their faithfulness, love, and redemption
ReplyDeleteI have a friend due soon her sons name will be Jonah!!!
ReplyDeleteMy friend is due soon her sons name will be Jonah!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favorites, and I love the comical twist on it :)
ReplyDeletethe story of moses
ReplyDeleteI love noah's ark!
ReplyDeleteonecheaplady@yahoo.com
I think I like the story of Noah's Arc the most
ReplyDeleteThat's a tough one. I always liked the stories about Joshua.
ReplyDeleteEnock
ReplyDeleteRuth and Boaz.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is the story of Esther.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite was always Noah and the Ark
ReplyDeleteI also like the story of Moses. Not only is it a nice story to tell to children but the irony of the story is good.
ReplyDeleteI love Rebecca, and Daniel, and Moses--thats really really hard for me-- I like a lot of different ones
ReplyDeleteMy daughter's favorite is Jonah.
ReplyDeleteDavid and Goliath
ReplyDeleteNoah's Ark
ReplyDeleteThis would be a wonderful book - moses is a favorite
ReplyDeleteThe story of Noah's Ark was always a favorite of my daughters.
ReplyDeletejo_jlem@hotmail.com
I like Noah.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite Bible story is Noah and the ark, specifically the end where the world is all new-ish again.
ReplyDeleteI really like the story of David and Goliath
ReplyDeleteI like the 10 commandments
ReplyDelete