Polar Star Studies is a simple and flexible way to use the Book of Mormon, words of the Prophets and lessons from inspired historical figures as the keystone of homeschooling. Author and "real mom" Yvonne Swinson saw the need for a curriculum that used the full text of the Book of Mormon and inspired teachings as the foundation for her homeschool curriculum. When she couldn't find what she wanted, she wrote it herself. The results are, in my opinion, pretty awesome!
Polar Star - A Real Mom's Guide to Homeschooling with The Book of Mormon
includes a flexible, 36-week schedule that incorporates music,
scripture memorization and reading from the Book of Mormon. Each weekly
study page includes: reading assignments from the Book of Mormon and
from Book of Mormon Stories, scripture mastery verses, recommended
Gospel Art pictures; hymns that tie in with your reading, world timeline
information, references to maps, notebooking/creative writing
activities, and family home evening suggestions!
Polar Star - A Real Mom's Guide to The Latter-day Prophets include 32 weeks of study on all the Prophets (including President Monson) and the current 12 apostles. Each week offers a quote to memorize, hymns, biographical references, highlights from his presidency, timeline information, map references, notebooking/creative writing activities and family home evening suggestions. Selected excerpts from inspired teachings are included as well, many of which were included from The Friend or The New Era.
Polar
Star Studies ties in multiple subjects and fits nicely with the
seminary schedule - a strong encouragement to keep teens on track in
their scripture study and allows for all family members to follow
along! Its flexible approach makes it simple to use and easily
adaptable to children of all ages. Polar Star studies have been easy to
use and incorporate into our homeschool day! How much does it cost?
Polar Star Studies retail for $14.95 for hard copy print, $12.94 for CD or $10.00 for instant download.
For more information, or to purchase Polar Star Studies visit:
http://www.polarstarstudies.com/productindex.php
Click thumbnail to view a sample page from Book of Mormon.
Disclaimer:
Thank you to Yvonne Swinson at Polar Star Studies for providing me with
copies of Polar Star Studies in exchange for an honest review. All
opinions expressed herein are my own.
Now for the best part! Yvonne Swinson is graciously offering 1 free e-copy of your choice to be given away to 1 lucky reader! To enter? Just leave a comment below! For additional entries you can "like" Swinging On Small Hinges on Facebook or follow me via Google Friend Connect! Be sure to leave a separate comment for each! Oh, and please leave me your email addy if you post anonymously so I can contact you if you win! Winner has 48 hours to contact me before I will draw a 2nd winner...so don't delay. :)
Winner will be chosen via Random.org. Ends November 18th at midnight!
Now for the best part! Yvonne Swinson is graciously offering 1 free e-copy of your choice to be given away to 1 lucky reader! To enter? Just leave a comment below! For additional entries you can "like" Swinging On Small Hinges on Facebook or follow me via Google Friend Connect! Be sure to leave a separate comment for each! Oh, and please leave me your email addy if you post anonymously so I can contact you if you win! Winner has 48 hours to contact me before I will draw a 2nd winner...so don't delay. :)
Winner will be chosen via Random.org. Ends November 18th at midnight!

I'm intrigued, please enter me in the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteReally like this!! Thanks so much for the post. I'm becoming a fan of small hinges!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reviewing this! I've seen it before but didn't know much about it.
ReplyDeleteI have been looking for a great way to study the Book of Mormon with my little ones in our homeschool. This looks great! shellybelly24@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog a few weeks ago and now I follow you! Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteI liked you on facebook as well!
ReplyDeleteI have the Book of Mormon guide and we love it. We would love to win one of the others!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a great resource, I would love to try it out!
ReplyDeletewow! these sound like great books. I would love to win one!
ReplyDeleteWe will be homeschooling in a few years. Might as well get a jump start!
ReplyDeleteLooks like something we could definitely use in our little world. You have an awesome blog! Thanks for the review.
ReplyDeletewould love to give this a try, it looks simple, and I love simple :D
ReplyDeleteI like you on facebook
ReplyDeleteI follow you on GFC
ReplyDeleteVery interesting. I would be nice to take a look at these!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the giveaway. Looks like a wonderful resources to incorporate the gospel more in our homeschool.
ReplyDeleteThese books look great. I would love to win.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a great resource.
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting us know about a new LDS resource! Crossing my fingers about winning. ;)
ReplyDeleteNew to Homeschooling and excited about this. Please Please enter me in the giveaway...
ReplyDeleteGreat Giveaway! I have one of her american history curriculum's and like it. Would love the Book of Mormon guide though!
ReplyDeleteThis looks great. Thanks for the info and review.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds so neat! I'm very intrigued!
ReplyDeleteand now i've gone and liked you on facebook!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful.
ReplyDeleteSounds interesting...
ReplyDeletefeltyfun at gmail.com
I'm really glad I found your website and this ebook looks really interesting.
ReplyDeletemichelle.wanderingstill@gmail.com