Wonderfully written by Gary Bower with beautiful pictures painted by Jan Bower, this book chronicles all of the character traits we should be looking for in our life-long companion. This book is so touching and so easily summed up all of my hopes and dreams for my little girls.
Using poetry, Gary Bower shares essential character qualities...approachable, tender, gentle, kind, courteous, gracious, thoughtful, generous, patient, respectful, good natured, able to laugh... My heart was so full by the end of this book! "What makes a princess? What makes a prince.... it is something inside - something much deeper, will help me determine which one is a keeper! The vows I'll say I mean to keep, so I'll look hard before I leap!" The Bowers encourage children to find a true friend who is beautiful in their heart.
This book was awarded the 2010 Christian Book of the Year and would make a wonderful gift book for children of ALL ages.
The Person I Marry is hardcover, 32 pages and retails for $11.99. You can purchase it HERE.
To learn more about the Bower family, click HERE.
Watch a video about the book, The Person I Marry from Bower Books on Vimeo.
To find out what my fellow crewmates thought of The Person I Marry, click HERE.
http://homeschoolblogger.com/homeschoolcrew/"target=_blank">
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/Totally%20TOS/HSCrew468x60Animated.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket">
Disclaimer:
I received The Person I Marry
free of charge in exchange for an honest review. All the opinions
expressed herein are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment