What does Christianity do for our nation? Larry Taunton addresses this question in his book, The Grace Effect. Founder and Executive Direcotor of Fixed Point Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to the public defense of the Christian Faith, Larry and his family fell in love with a 10 year old orphaned Ukranian girl and jumped through many hurdles to bring her home. Sasha spent her whole life in an orphanage in a Godless, immoral and corrupt country. The book takes you into the heart and history of the USSR, seeing socialism's inner workings in a country that robs the poor to feed the rich. In a world where orphaned children are considered "stray dogs" and given spoiled/rotten food to eat, no baths, not even toilet paper. A Godless world that leaves the reader grateful, whether they are Christian or not, that the foundations of America are built on morals and virtue.
Spending several weeks in the Ukraine - wading through waist-deep corruption, this book follows more than the Taunton's journey through international adoption...it shows how something beautiful can rise out of the ashes of atheism. A touching read that will leave you humbled.
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Find The Grace Effect on Amazon HERE.
To learn more about Larry Taunton and his organization visit:
Website: http://www.fixed-point.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/fixedpoint

No comments:
Post a Comment