Heirloom Audio Productions has amazed listeners yet again with another wonderfully done radio adventure from a G.A. Henty novel! This newest adventure, In the Reign of Terror, takes place during the height of the French Revolution. Featuring an all-star cast, this radio drama is sure to delight families of all ages and keep you on the edge of your seat! Believe it or not, this was my first Henty and my first Heirloom Audio CD and I cannot wait to get my hands on several more! We were so blessed to review a physical 2 CD set of In the Reign of Terror complete with access to bonus materials through the Live The Adventure Club!
Live The Adventure!
Heirloom Audio Productions offers a Live The Adventure Club that contains downloadable bonus features for In The Reign of Terror and other radio dramas when you purchase as a club member. The website is easy to use and gives you access to Your Adventure Library where you can download and listen to your radio dramas and enjoy adventure specific bonus content!
And you don't want to miss the Bonus Content! Bonuses for In the Reign of Terror include access to the original Henty book, online listening to the official soundtrack, printable cast poster, inspirational verse poster, desktop wall paper download, the script and best of all:
Study guide and conversation starter!
The Study Guide is 50 pages of questions and activities designed to stimulate writing ideas for older children and serve as great discussion points for younger children. The Listening Well section asked knowledge level questions to determine the listeners understanding of what they heard happen in the story. The Thinking Further section encourages children to explore the geography of the region, make a french recipe (we love learning with food!), enjoy research projects, and take it deeper through critical thinking prompts. Also included are extensive vocabulary lists divided by scene.
There are many opportunities to Expand Your Learning throughout the Study Guide as well. They are very fascinating! Fashion, the history of the Guillotine, people, places and specific events.
And that's not all! The Live The Adventure Club also has book specific online quizzes, community message boards, downloads galore, activities for kids, parent articles and much, much more!
What We Thought of In the Reign of Terror:
This was our FIRST Heirloom Audio Productions CD. They are so popular and so many of my friends adore them I can't believe I haven't purchased one before now... I came so close to purchasing With Lee in Virginia when it first came out, but I hesitated because...I'm ashamed to admit....I was afraid Henty would be boring! Shhhh! Don't tell anyone... I have never been so WRONG. We really enjoyed listening to this radio drama of In the Reign of Terror. Radio drama is so fun and the sound affects and different character voices really takes this a step above a standard audio book. It makes it an audio adventure!
I thought In the Reign of Terror might possibly be lost on the girls too since The French Revolution is a pretty heavy subject and my girls are still pretty young, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that BOTH girls were listening with rapt attention and chided me when we stopped at a dramatic part.... "Nooooo!!!!" There is nothing quite like sitting in the driveway playing just "one more chapter" before going inside! But, we've done it!
(doesn't everyone take their homeschooled kids places dressed as a pirate?)
I can't wait to get my hands on another Heirloom Audio Adventure! There are a LOT to chose from! Check out all of the radio dramas that Heirloom Audio Productions has available for purchase or immediate download! They all look amazing!
Keep up to date with all of Heirloom Audio Productions current happenings by following them on Facebook or Twitter!
Many of my fellow crew mates also reviewed In the Reign of Terror from Heirloom Audio Productions. Find out what they thought by clicking the linky below!
Thank you so much for swinging by!



No comments:
Post a Comment