We are reading a lot of really good books this week as we meander our way through the Middle Ages! I am a bookaholic and reading good LIVING books, is very important to me. With BiblioPlan we do use a text book called Remember the Days. I think it is also important to have a solid spine but those the living books is what really makes history fun and approachable.
I pilfer my book lists from a really wide variety of sources starting with BiblioPlans recommendations and moving on to Sonlight, Heart of Dakota, Simply Charlotte Mason and Ambleside.
Anyway, with that aside I thought I would share what living books we are currently reading in our homeschool...
We are learning this week in our history about the legend of William Tell so we took a quick jaunt through The Apple and the Arrow... It tells a fictionalized about of William being forced to shoot the apple of of his sons head. It's pretty good and only 5 chapters long, so easy to fit into our week!
We are only a couple chapters away from finishing up Adam of the Road!
Hopefully he is reunited with his Father and his Dog soon!
Maggie is reading a Stepping Stones history book called the Minstrel in the Tower.
Kayley is reading a great book that I stumbled across called Will in Scarlet. It is the story of young Will Scarlet and how he becomes a part of Robin Hood's Merry Men. Full of action and adventure!
As for me, I sat down and guzzled Cindy Rollins new book called Mere Motherhood. It was so good and I read it way too fast. As soon as I finished, I turned around and started reading it all over again, aloud this time, with my husband. Such a gem!





No comments:
Post a Comment