To be their best, children need to feel loved. But if you and your child
speak different love languages, your affection might get lost in
translation, affecting the child’s attitude, behavior, and development.
Dr. Gary Chapman’s groundbreaking Five Love Languages series has helped
millions of couples communicate love more clearly, and Dr. Ross Campbell
M.D. has applied the innovative system to children as well. The 5 Love Languages of Children
gives practical suggestions for learning how your children interpret
love and creating a sense of security in which they can thrive.
Many of you might be familiar with The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. I read this
book early in my marriage after a recommendation from a friend. The book was eye-opening!
I learned how to recognize what MY love language was, what my new husband's love language
was, how to express love to him in HIS love language and how to recognize if our "love tanks"
were full or empty.
Now Gary Chapman is offering the same insight into our children. Our children are smaller
versions of us and have the same 5 Love Languages:
1. Physical Touch
2. Words of Affirmation
3. Quality Time
4. Gifts
5. Acts of Service
When you can recognize your child's primary love language, you can speak to them in ways that
they will understand. Through hugs, through kudo's or just by spending time one-on-one with
them.
In this book you are offered an opportunity to evaluate your relationship with your kiddos and
find the way that you can love them best. Likewise, Chapman challenges the reader to consider
(of course eliminating the possibility of a physical problem) that many discipline problems could
be avoided all together if we kept our child's love tank full.
A recommended read by a great author! I have loved every book I've read by Dr. Chapman (this is my 4th). Hubby and I will be reading this together and I'm excited to try this out on my 5 year old!
I am also able to give away a copy! If you are interested, please leave a comment below! Winner will be drawn by random.org on April 15th at 12pm CST. For an additional entry follow me via GFC and leave a separate comment telling me you have done so.
To learn more about Dr. Chapman or the 5 Love Languages, have fun exploring the links below!
The 5 Love Languages of Children:
http://www.5lovelanguages.com/resource/the-five-love-languages-of-children/
http://www.5lovelanguages.com/resource/the-five-love-languages-of-children/

I would love to be entered into the drawing, Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI also read the Five Love Languages many years ago and I would love to have the one for kids.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to read this book. I loved the original.
ReplyDeleteI would also love to be entered into the drawing! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteI would love to have this book!
ReplyDeletePick me, pick me!
ReplyDelete