Here is Kayley looking at this HUGE display of Katsina dolls (not to be confused with Kachina dolls).
Honestly, the website played it up as a good place to visit with the whole family, but I'm going to give an honest review of this museum and tell you that it was NOT. There was a few things for Kayley to do, but for the most part, James and I should've gotten a babysitter and made a date out of it.There were quite few interactive exhibits, but the countertops were all WAY too high. If they were intended for children, they were intended for very tall children. Like 12+.
In Kayley's excitement to see try to see an exhibit she fell out of her stroller and was wailing in the exhibit hall. I know, you are wondering how a child can actually fall out of a stroller aren't you? Well...let's just say Kayley can figure it out. Oh, and she is fine by the way. Not even a bump just an annoyed (loud) toddler.
In Kayley's excitement to see try to see an exhibit she fell out of her stroller and was wailing in the exhibit hall. I know, you are wondering how a child can actually fall out of a stroller aren't you? Well...let's just say Kayley can figure it out. Oh, and she is fine by the way. Not even a bump just an annoyed (loud) toddler.
We also got frustrated trying to figure out how to read the gallery map. We couldn't find an elevator mainly because we couldn't figure out where we were! And there were no docents wandering around to help us out? I guess everybody that worked there just hung around the front desk?Kayley got tired of the rainstick halfway through the performance though and ditched me up there...the video is at the bottom.
This interactive gallery was empty of kids and people. There is probably supposed to be lots of cool stuff to do in here but there were no docents and the project tables were all empty so we could only do 2 of the 6 projects in here...Kayley checking out the Katsina dolls.
The bell choir.
They were really good. I thought it seemed odd that a bell choir was performing during he summer...I thought they were a Christmas thing, but they were awesome.
Those girls were wearing long black velvet gowns...they had to be so hot!
They were really good. I thought it seemed odd that a bell choir was performing during he summer...I thought they were a Christmas thing, but they were awesome.
Those girls were wearing long black velvet gowns...they had to be so hot!
The rainstick and the bell choir. I can't believe Kayley ditched me up there...You can see her tell me, "I'm done with this now..." and I tell her "Ok you can go stand by Daddy". So she ran off and left me there... She actually came back and finished the song with me a few seconds later...I guess it looked like I was having a lot of fun with that rainstick...which I totally wasn't. =)

i love this museum. i miss arizona. i know you can't wait to get out of there (congrats, by the way, on the job and the move. that's exciting!), but i'm dying to at least visit mesa. i guess it's just all about where family is.
ReplyDeletelove all the recent posts and updates. i've been kind of out of it lately. :) those cowgirl hat pics are super cute!
You know it! I can shake a rainstick with the best of them. hahaha!
ReplyDeleteWell, it looks like there was a lot of stuff in the museum at least. Sorry it wasn't as family friendly as you hoped.
ReplyDeleteI'll check out the videos at home later.