Wednesday, June 14, 2017

How to Homeschool - Apologia Educational Ministries {Homeschool Crew Review}

How to HOMESCHOOL with Stunning Confidence, Contagious Joy, and Amazing Focus (DVD & Coursebook)
Does the thought of homeschooling fill you with anxiety?  Fear?  Beginning homeschooling can be completely nerve-wracking.  I know I was completely overwhelmed and stressed when I first started our homeschool journey and I would have loved to have had the chance to work through something like this self-study course published by Apologia Educational Ministries called How to Homeschool with Stunning Confidence, Contagious Joy, and Amazing Focus (DVD & Coursebook).
When I first pulled my daughter out of preschool I began desperately searching for resources and materials.  It was enough to make my head spin!  I was convinced that I would be a terrible homeschool Mom!  I wasn't sure that I had the patience to be around my daughter all. day. long.  Oh, how I would have loved to have had a homeschool-Mom-friend to be a voice of reason, giving advice and clarity when my thoughts were so jumbled and chaotic....and I was in full on panic mode.
 
This DVD & Workbook course will do exactly that.   For this review I was blessed to receive the soft cover How to Homeschool Workbook with the accompanying 2 disc DVD set.  Written and hosted by Leslie Nunnery (Teach Them Diligently Conventions) and Rachael Carman (Apologia Educational Ministries) you can expect to sit back, find a comfy, cozy spot and be uplifted, edified and encouraged by veteran homeschool Moms "in the know."  Designed to help you get your feet wet in the homeschooling world and help you sort through the chaos, the workbook includes 15 Chapters with an accompanying 10-15 minute DVD lessons for each sets you on the course of homeschooling with confidence.  Each chapter gives you further information that dovetails with the DVD lesson, an assignment to help you assimilate the information and a large spread for taking notes.  Since each lesson is bite-sized it is perfect for busy mama's who are just getting started on their homeschool journey.  

You will learn:
1.  How to Get the Most out of the Course
2.  Setting Goals
3.  Finding Support
4.  Choosing Curriculum
5.  Practical How-To's
6.  Organizing Homeschool Stuff
7.  Organizing Your Homeschool Day
8.  Tips from Veterans
9.  Family Matters --Marriage
10.  Family Matters -- The Rest
11.  Dealing with Opposition
12.  High School Graduation and College
13.  If College is NOT the End Game
14.  You Can Make It!
15.  Continuing Education and Encouragement

When I sat down and popped in the DVD to get started with Lesson One, I really anticipated it being a rehash of things I already knew.  I don't consider myself a veteran homeschool by any stretch, but I am at a point where I feel pretty confident in what I am doing.  I was prepared to be underwhelmed...  Wrong!!!  Boy was I surprised when, by Lesson Two, I already had a page FULL of notes.  Even a veteran homeschool Mom like me (6 years and counting) still has a LOT to learn.  I had a lot of "aha" moments where I looked back and wished I had done some things differently but then was thrilled to realize that it was not too late.  

The lessons are relevant and engaging.  Handy links and scripture verses are dotted through the book and referenced in the DVD interviews.  The program also includes password protected access to an online appendix full of even more helpful resources and more information.  It is like having a homeschool mentor in your back pocket!  

I deeply appreciate lessons shared by two Godly women who really recognize God's hand in all things...  I love how they approach homeschooling as an opportunity not only to teach, but to really disciple your children.  I was inspired early on in the series to really re-focus on the WHY behind my homeschool.  (You are encouraged to write it down so that you can reflect back on it when you have bad days)  It solidified my resolve and offered new insights that encouraged me to stay the course!

Apologia Educational Ministries
You can find out more about Apologia and their products by visiting them at the following social media links!
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/apologiaworld
Twitter:  www.twitter.com/apologiaworld (Tag @apologiaworld)
Pinterest:  www.pinterest.com/apologia/
Instagram:  www.instagram.com/apologiaworld
Homeschool with Confidence & Internship for High School {Apologia Educational Ministries Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...