Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Porcelain Keys by Sarah Beard {Book Review}

Aria's life is full of secrets--secrets about her mother's death, her father's cruelty, and her dream to go to Juilliard. When Aria meets Thomas, he draws out her secrets, captures her heart, and gives her the courage to defy her father. But when tragedy strikes and Thomas disappears, Aria is left alone to transform her broken heart s melody into something beautiful. Porcelain Keys is a captivating love story that will resonate long after the last page is turned.
Ok, ok, ok.  I'll admit, I avoided picking up and starting this book because, well, I knew that once I started, I wouldn't be able to put it down.  And I was right!  I started reading this book and I stressed and worried about Aria until I finally finished it.   From the very first couple of pages I was drawn into Aria's story….

Aria is a senior in high school and her life is far from perfect.  Her mothers death several years earlier still causes her much pain.  Her father refuses to grieve and denies Aria an opportunity to heal when he takes all of her mothers precious things and locks them away telling Aria that it is "best to forget the past."  Her father has specifically forbidden Aria to play on the piano, locking the parlor and locking his heart.  One night they argue and Aria flees to the sanctuary of an old treehouse observatory on a neighboring property.  She feels safe there, secure, until early one morning her privacy is disturbed by the high school boy, Thomas, who just moved onto the property with his parents.  As he patiently befriends her he carefully uncovers her secrets and her talent at the piano.  He encourages her to audition for Julliard and helps her stand up to her father offering her a home with his family.  When a tragedy  destroys everything Thomas holds dear it causes him to disappear leaving Aria alone to make her way in the world…  yet she not alone as she discovers the music within herself….and she learns to heal her broken heart.

I enjoyed this book!  Congrats Sarah Beard on a real page turner!  :)

Porcelain Keys currently retails on DeseretBook.com for $15.99.



I received a copy of this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions expressed here are my very own.  Thank you Sarah Beard!



1 comment:

  1. Each time I read a new review and learn a little more about this book, all I want is to get my hands on it as well and read it. I'm worried my heart will break though, but I think I can pull through. All I know is that this one will be on my TBR until it's been read. Hopefully soon! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...