LDS Living Presents: The Greatest LDS Songs of All Time features song selections from the results of a survey of the most popular LDS songs ever released. This collection spotlights LDS musicians, artists, and songwriters whose popularity and resonance with audiences can be remembered by the powerful songs they’ve written and performed.
You may recognize several of your favorite songs on this CD! It includes:
- A Child's Prayer (featuring Allyse Smith) - Janice Kapp Perry
- His Hands - Kenneth Cope
- I Heard Him Come(featuring Alex Boye) - Jeff Goodrich
- You're Not Alone(featuring John Canaan) - Michael McLean
- He Hears Me - Hilary Weeks
- Consider the Lilies - Roger Hoffman
- Line Upon Line - from Saturday's Warrior
- I was Not His Father, He Was Mine - from The Forgotten Carols
- No Ordinary Man(featuring Jenny Jordan Frogley) - Janice Kapp Perry
- A Window to His Love - Julie De Azevedo
- Angel Lullaby - from My Turn on Earth
- The Greatest Gift - Afterglow
- The Olive Tree - Felicia Sorensen
- I Never Stand Alone - from From Cumorah's Hill
- It Passes All My Understanding - Cherie Call
The CD is fabulous with only one little disappointment....many of the arrangements are not the original. Still good, but just not quite the same.
You can purchase the CD through Deseret Book for $16.19 and you can also listen to music samples. Each song is also available as a digital download, $11.98 for the entire album, or .99 cents each.
I was interested to receive for review not only the CD in the mail, but the copy of the LDS Living magazine that showcases all of these songs all the way up to the Top 100 Greatest LDS Songs of all time! LDS Living magazine has been around for several years now and is a great resource for everything to church news, marriage, parenting, food storage, financial advice, missionary, lifestyle, sports and music! The magazine issue for Jan/Feb has a great article on each of the songs.
Interviews with Janice Kapp Perry, Kenneth Cope, Jeff Goodrich, Michael McLean, Hilary Weeks, Roger Hoffman, and many more give you insight into the the writer/singer/songwriter and history of your favorite songs! It was really an interesting read!
One of my personal favorites, A Child's Prayer by Janice Kapp Perry has been named one of the top 3 LDS Songs of all time...
Fun isn't it? You can read the entire list of 100 songs here.
If you would like to receive a copy of LDS Living you can order this issue from Deseret Book. (while supplies last)!
Or, you can subscribe to LDS Living Magazine (we do and we love it!).
Pricing is as follows:
1-year (limited time): $14.00
2-year (limited time): $24.00
3-year (limited time): $34.00
4-year (limited time): $44.00
5-year (limited time): $54.00
Disclaimer: A hearty THANKS to Deseret Book and LDS Living Magazine for giving the the opportunity to review the CD and Magazine!!! I was given the materials free of charge in exchange for an honest review...I didn't have to write a positive review but I LOVE it, so I did!! ;) Thanks for stopping by!