Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Potty Training Success (Finally!)


We thought this day would never come, but we have finally had potty-training success!  Maggie was a thousand times NOT interested in potty training EVER.  She was very clear.  We had tried several times but she wasn't having it.  I finally gave up.  Just completely gave up and ignored the whole potty training thing.  Then one Saturday we were at Walmart and Maggie spied this little potty seat that plays (annoying) music.  It fits over a regular toilet.  She insisted she NEEDED this potty seat and that, if we bought her this potty, she would potty train...she promised.  So, we figured, "why not?"  

We took the potty seat home where it was forgotten about all day Sunday.  Then, Monday morning (this was a couple of weeks ago now) Maggie woke up and said, "I'd better use my potty seat."  And she went into the bathroom, climbed up on the toilet, pushed the triumphant (not annoying anymore!) music button, washed her hands and requested big-girl panties.  I obliged and the rest is history. 

I'm not kidding.  I did NOTHING other than hand this little independent girl a potty seat and Rapunzel undies.  She potty trained herself...  Way to go Maggie!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I love that! We try to wait until the kids are really ready, close to age 3 or even after if need be. It just makes so much sense to wait until they're ready if you can. Caleb will be 3 in Nov. and so I'll be potty training my 6th child soon. Of course with a 1 yo and little baby in the house too I'm really praying he's super motivated when we finally try. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information. For someone preparing to start potty training their child this was very helpful.

    Kelly Brown
    http://www.pottytrainingsystems.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...