I have seen a lot of "water resistant" products but this is by far, the first time, I have ever seen a waterproof book. Oh, not just any book - The Bible! Now you can take your Bible with you anywhere you go! Camping? Do it! The Beach? YES! The bathtub?? Why not? I have to admit that I was completely intrigued by this Bible and Kayley, age 6, treated it like a science experiment! Thanks Mosaic Reviews and Bardin Marsee Publishing for letting us enjoy this fabulous Waterproof Bible!
The Waterproof Bible is a project from the creative genius of Bobby & Anna. Their desire to create a way to take the word of God with them wherever they went prompted them to find a way to create a Bible that is durable and weatherproof allowing you to be inspired anywhere and anytime. The Waterproof Bible is 100% tree free and made from synthetic, recyclable, materials.
For this review we received the King James Version of the Waterproof Bible that included the New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs only. Some unique features include:
• Stain Resistant
• Ultra Clear Text
• Ideal for Gear Bag or Backpack, Tote Bag or Purse
• Dry Highlight
• Write and Underline with no bleed thru
So, once we were aware of all of its unique features we put it to the test. Since the pages and cover have the feel of one of those "Tyvek" envelopes I was pretty sure it was going to do well. I could tell just by feeling it that it was a tough book!
1. Stain resistant? Check! We threw this baby in a mud puddle, took it inside and washed it off with NO problems.
2. Highlight? Yes, but it washed off. Hence the need for this handy Dry Highlighter that Bardin Marsee sells in their store for $3.25. I didn't get to review the highlighter but it claims that it will NOT wash off. (It comes in 4 different colors).
3. Write and Underline with no bleed thru. Check! I discovered that it is actually challenging to write on the Tyvek-type pages with a regular pen. Bardin Marsee recommends the Fisher Space Pen. I bet this would work better than my cheap ball-point. The Fisher Space Pen you can write standing on your head and apparently has a shelf-life of 100 years. Wow! It retails for $16 - $24 dollars but a small price to pay if you never have to buy a pen again!
4. We also discovered that the Waterproof Bible does not really float very well but once it has been submerged you can pull it out of the water and it dries very fast. The water just beads up and rolls off!
5. I was too chicken to really test its durability by trying to tear a page or the cover so I cannot really vouch for how well it will not rip, etc. Sorry - I just couldn't bring myself to actually do something like that to the Bible on purpose!
The Waterproof Bible gives you the freedom to take God's Word with you anywhere you go! Take it to the beach, camping, fishing, mission trips, exercising, and so much more! I, personally, will be storing our Bible in our 72 Hour Emergency Kits! It is a 100% Worry Free Bible!
The Waterproof Bible is 376 pages and measures about 4 1/4" x 7". Retail price for the one we reviewed, The Waterproof Bible New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs is $24.95.
Several of my fellow Mosaic Reviews team members also reviewed the Waterproof Bible, to read their thoughts visit MosaicReviews.com!