Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

It's hard to believe it but today marks 10 years that my husband and I got married.  It's been a challenging decade.  We've gone through a lot together. 

The Good: 
Two of the cutest little stinkers on the planet: Kayley & Maggie.  James' graduation from medical school.  My separation from the military and subsequent graduation with my M.A.  Our homeschool journey.  A wonderful ward family in Marshfield.  A mini-van - something I swore I would never have no matter how mom-ish I became (I changed my mind).

The Bad and the Ugly:
Two life-threatening surgeries for James - terrifying to say the least.  Infertility.  Three failed IVF attempts that broke our hearts.  Two failed adoptions that broke our spirits.  A rigorous residency program that nearly severed our connection to each other. 

It's been a weird decade but I'm glad that we've made it and have come this far.  
I love you, James.
Here's to another 10 years.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations you guys! We didn't realize how close our anniversaries are. Hopefully the next ones will be just as exciting. Or maybe not as exciting. But more fun. Yeah, that's the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am extremely glad you are surving life together, individually and as a family. It is a never ending struggle.
    I feel so blessed that you both *all 4* are a part of my life because you bring so much happiness to me. I can't think of a family outside of my own that I love as much as I love you guys! Happy LATE anniversary and may Heavenly Father bless you both with all that you need!
    love ya tons!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...