Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Living Close to God - Book Review



This book is something that I needed to read.  I have trouble living a life where I feel like I am close to God.  Maybe because things are too noisy?  Maybe because I am too busy?

The book Living Close to God: When you are not really good at it by Gene Edwards offers insights into how you can learn to live a life close to God even though it is hard for you to figure out exactly what that looks like and how to do it.  He helps you find ways that you can start your day with Christ, being reminded of Him through out your day and maintain fellowship with Him on even your hardest days.  He also shows you how you can have a 2-way communication with Him and not a one-way prayer.  "Stop feeling like a failure at daily devotions and start walking every day withthe Lord who loves you".

Includes a group discussion guide and a 7 session study guide for people like me, who need a little extra help in figuring out how to make it all work.  A must-read for those who want to Live Close to God, but are just not very good at it!

Disclaimer:  I received this book for free from Waterbrook Multnomah in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions expressed herein are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...