Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Raising Real Men Book Review


I was intrigued by this offer from Timberdoodle to review a copy of Raising Real Men by Hal and Melanie Young.  As you can tell from the picture...I have no little boys.  I do, however have 2 little girls.  My house is dripping with pink, frilly, ribbony, fluffy girly stuff.  We have a lot of little girly drama during our day.  I wasn't sure what I could glean from this book as a mom to 2 little princesses...but I was excited when, after reading the first chapter I realized that my girls...were a LOT like little boys in so many different ways!  I had a lot to learn from Hal and Melanie's example of strong Christian parenting.  I really, really loved this book and I would recommend it as a great read even if you don't have boys.

Several of my girlfriends have boys...and a couple of my closest girlfriends have 4 boys each!  They always tease me and tell me, "Stephanie, someday when you have a boy - he will rock your world!"  Oh, I know it is probably true.  But, as I read the book I realized that there are so many things that little boys and girls both share.  Both need to learn by following strong examples.  Both need to learn virtue, character, respect and a love for God.  Both need praise from Mom or Dad to feel like they have worth and value.  Both can honestly get rough and tumble (my 5 year old has holes in the knees of every pair of jeans and can usually be found digging in the mud).

Parenting isn't easy.  Parenting girls is tough...parenting boys is also tough.  This was a wonderful book that helps shed light on the tough job of parenting boys and helping them turn in to righteous young men. 

To purchase a copy of Raising Real Men, click here:




To find a full listing of parenting books click HERE.

You can also click here to browse Timberdoodle's Online Catalog!



Legal Disclosure:
As a member of Timberdoodle's Blogger Review Team I received a free copy of Raising Real Men in exchange for a frank and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...