Friday, October 21, 2011

The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund


Teacher Priscilla White knew that Gods plan for her life was a life of missionary service abroad.  When the missionary board determines the only way that Pricilla can fulfill a mission is to be married, she is devastated.  As a teen Priscilla had a serious illness that left her unable to conceive or bear a child so marriage was out of the question, or was it?

Dr. Eli Earnest was stuck.  In order to fulfill his dream of providing medical care and opening a much-needed medical clinic in the rugged west, the missionary board determined he needed a wife.  The problem?  He doesn't really want a wife.

Two completely different individuals thrown together by similar circumstances.  A marriage of convenience and a trip West fraught with danger and heartache.  As they continue on their journey, Priscilla and Eli learn to respect and eventually love one another.

I really enjoyed this book!  As an adoptive Mom I was able to relate to the heartache and pain Priscilla experienced watching other women with their children.  It is rare to read a historical fiction where the heroine is infertile...  I stayed up way too late to keep on reading, one more chapter, just one more chapter!  You will enjoy The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund!


Disclaimer:  I received this book for free from Bethany House in exchange for an honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I am going to go look for this one on my Nook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie!

    Thank you so much for the lovely review of my latest book!! I appreciate your kind words! I'm glad that it kept you up--that's always high praise! :-) I'm touched that you could relate to Priscilla's heartache with infertility. (And btw, I love all of your homeschooling buttons! I homeschool too!)

    Blessings,

    Jody Hedlund

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...