Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Congratulations to the Graduate!

Of Kindergarten that is...  
When we started homeschooling, I never would've guessed that Kayley would LOVE it...and fly through it!  Kayley is still 4 and has completed BJU's Kindergarten program.  Uhm, wow!  It was, honestly, kind of an accident that things worked out so well.  It was not my doing.  It was Kayley's desire to know as much as she could.  And who would've guessed that she would think worksheets are fun?  (I never did!)

We will be moving on to 1st grade curriculum although I am pleased that I am feeling confident enough to think out of the grade-in-a-box and try some new things.  I will be posting more soon about what we will be doing for summer and 1st grade along with some organizational things that I am going to try or have already started.  I am also looking forward to doing reviews for The Old Schoolhouse and The Learning Parent! 

Right now we are just taking a few weeks off.  We've been playing the pool, participating in the library summer reading program, doing some deep cleaning and reorganization of chores and curriculum.  We have plans to do "Super Science Summer Camp" here at home and our own "Vacation Bible School."  Check back to see what we are up to, I'll try to update more often.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...