Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Maggie's 1st Well Baby Checkup!

Today we took Maggie in for her 1 month well baby checkup. ( I know, I know, we are a little behind! Its not like her daddy can't look at her and tell me she is perfect...lol). Anyway, this little girl has grown! Today she was 21.25 inches! AND! 9lbs 9oz!!! Can you believe she is growing so fast?

She has already outgrown most of her NB size clothing. She has a really long body/torso. Her legs and arms are still pretty thin, but you can tell from her face that she is really starting to fill out. She has a sunny disposition, and as you can tell from the pictures that she has a few smiles coming out already. (Although Dr. Daddy tells me that babys don't smile 'socially' for another few weeks...) Thank heaven she is not a colicky baby or a typically fussy baby. She usually just hangs out and looks around. A very mellow girl...

And - her eyes are starting to pigment. They are turning brown!

She is getting a lot of head control, and her noggin' is still nice and round. Not even a bald spot on the back yet! (Give it time, lol!). She still has a ton of hair and there is enough that I can put some bitty-baby-bows in it.

She falls asleep in the car/shopping cart/stroller and wakes up and fusses if you stop moving. It is funny, I can pull up at the preschool car line to pick up Kayley and Maggie will wake up and cry while we wait in line...but by the time we get out of the parking lot she falls back asleep as soon as we start moving again.

She loves Kayley. Kayley is so loud, noisy and energetic and Maggie just looks and looks and looks at her.

We love this sweet baby and we are so grateful to have her in our family.


Just to add some goodies on there about Kayley, since I thought you would all get a kick out of this. She is a great big sis. She'll even tell you that she has changed Maggie's diaper (with a little bit of help). But only 'pee-pee diapers' since 'poopy diapers' are too messy for little 'grils' to change. She can help give Maggie a bottle and she is always happy to go find a binky when Maggie is fussing.

Kayley is always thrilled on the days when we get to go up and hang out at daddy's clinic. She roams around in there like she owns the place. In fact, the 'necklace' she is wearing? Nobody is exactly sure where she snagged it in the clinic, but it is definitly NOT a necklace. We'll just say it is a way to help measure some specific 'boy parts' and leave it at that. One of the MA's, Kim (in the pic) assured me that it does get santized, but, let me re-assure you that Kayley is now shower-fresh anyway. (Shudder...)


So, with that being said. People keep asking me how I am doing coping with 2 kids, and I have to admit that it hasn't been as hard as I was afraid it was going to be. Of course Maggie is still small enough that she is really sleepy all the time, and when you put her down she doesn't crawl away yet....so that helps. Kayley keeps on doing what she's been doing, going to preschool and making messes...and I just keep on doing what I've been doing only I just usually have a baby carrier on. Works out really great....

We love you all!
Thanks for all your love in return...

2 comments:

  1. I love the "necklace". I laughed out loud more than once at that one. Still laughing actually. Miss Maggie is a sweet girl as is her big sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a fun story about Kayley & huge congrats on a healthy baby Maggie!! What a blessed life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...